Tuesday 1 April 2014

MUA Pretty Edgy Eyeshadow palette.


Back in my very brief mini haul post, I showed you a quick snap of some of the things I had picked up. One of them was this eye shadow palette: 

MUA's PRETTY EDGY part of their LUXE range. I don't like to do much shopping online, and our superdrug is pretty small here, so on my trip to Birmingham I discovered this beautiful palette but there were no testers, so I was faced with a dilemma. Who am I kidding - it was so pretty with it's studded lid that I instantly knew I had to have it.. So, here it is! 

MUA pretty edgy eyeshadow palette, makeup, eyeshadow palette,
MUA pretty edgy eyeshaow palette, colours, eye shadow

We have 10 shades here, 6 shimmery, and 4 matte. On the back of the Palette it says "..pretty romance with a twist of Gothic grunge.." which I love the sound of, and I think these colours really make you feel that vibe.
The eye shadows in this palette are really beautiful to use, but it's hard to tell how well they blend from just a swatch, so I will also post some pictures of them is use at the end of the post. 
MUA pretty edgy eyeshaow palette swatches

the first three colours I would say are high light colours, I have also used Antique over other eye shadows to give them a nice shimmer. Then you have three shimmer shades that are more intense, great for all over colour, and lastly you have the four matte shades. I have read some people are disappointed with the pigmentation of the matte shades, I certainly wasn't - here they have been swatched with one swipe of my finger, on to a bare hand, no primer... and I think they are fab!
This is my first look with this Palette, I used envy around my lashes, and smudged it upwards then blended lace over the top. I finished with some black kohl eyeliner on my waterline to make the look more intense.

All the colours blend so well, I had no issues with fall out at all although I do tend to do my eye first when doing a strong look so I can clean up the edges. All in all - for £8 I'm pretty happy, with my pretty edgy palette. 

-Jessica.x

No comments:

Post a Comment