Thursday 17 April 2014

Face of the day: Dramatic Day Look!

Hi Guys,

welcome back and yes it's another make-up look! This is what I wore to work the other day, I was so pleased with this look I had to share it with you. It's quite dramatic and smoky for the day but I love it! 

I did find it really hard to get good enough pictures as no matter what, the pictures just didn't do it enough justice and show it in all it's glory, I did edit them in order to try and get the colours to show better -but alas I tried my best and here's the snaps I got :)

Tried using a super bright light so that's why I look so ummm... shiny? haha.

Here's what products I used to achieve this look:

eye base: MAC painterly paint pot
Transition shade: limit
all over: strange
on top: liar
crease: nooner (blended)
corner: factory & darkside
lid: bit of buzz
(all urban decay naked 3 palette)
brow & inner corner highlight: MAC shroom
autograph gel eyeliner
l'oreal telescopic mascara
brows: MAC pencil -lingering
bronzer: MAC refined golden
blush: MAC at dusk (LE)
Highlight: MAC shape the future (lighter shade) (LE)
lips: MAC creme cup

MAC's 'at dusk' is a very subtle pink blush that looks so natural on the skin! especially when applied with a stippling brush. I decided to pick the most natual pink blush I had in order to stick with the romantic theme like a natural 'flush' on the cheeks, but then the blush allowed the attention to still be focused on the dramatic eyes. Definitely didn't want anything to harsh for the day time especially with such defined eyes.
I also decided to use MAC creme cup as it's my go-to lipstick that goes with everything. It's definitely a 'my lips but better' lipstick colour so looked perfectly natural as well. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you liked this look and let me know what you thought of it!?

Love, Bonney xo

No comments:

Post a Comment